Prism2, DWL-650 and ISA adaptor problems

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Thu Nov 1 09:32:07 EST 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:05:30PM +0000, mallum wrote:
> ouch. I had feared this may have been the case :(
>
> Do PCI->Cardbus adptors work ok ? I remember once hearing these would
> only work with linux if your motherboard had no ISA slots ...?

most dont, however the DWL-500 which is available for sale with a DWL-650 card
all in one box works perfectly in linux and is pci, also buying the DWL-500,
DWL-650 combination is a lot cheaper than buying a seperate card and bridge as
the bridges always cost a lot more than the difrference in price between the
DWL-500 package and the DWL-650 package.

        See You
            Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh