Lucent can no longer ad-hoc demo

Robert Scholten r.scholten at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jul 26 23:00:01 EST 2001

I just received 4 x Orinoco Silver.  Firmware release 7.52.

Alas, I can no longer set these to the proprietary Ad-Hoc Demo mode.  I
have downgraded the firmware to 7.28, 6.16 and 6.06 but alas, to no
avail.  Tried iwpriv and I get the message "no private ioctls", and
similarly if I try "iwpriv eth0 set_port3 1".

This is a bloody nuisance!  Anyone know how to get it to work in the old
demo mode?  I'll have to see if I can swap them for older ones or replace
them with Cabletrons.

--
Robert Scholten                   Tel:   +61 3 8344 5457  Mob: 0412 834 196
School of Physics                 Fax:   +61 3 9347 4783
University of Melbourne           email: r.scholten at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Victoria 3010  AUSTRALIA          http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~scholten