linux/wireless

Jeff Zurcher jzurcher at netscape.net
Sat Dec 29 17:03:35 EST 2001

Hello

I am new to the list, I am also new to linux and wireless.

I am trying to set up a Linksys WPC11 on my laptop running mandrake 8.1

it appears that pcmcia cardmgr identifies the card properly, but the driver wvlan_cs doesnt recognise the card

iwconfig eth0 looks ok, dmesg reports the correct MAC address for the card on one line and reports "Unrecognised card, card return vendor=0x0000, please report..."

is there a way to let the driver know what card it is?

Thank you, Jeff