Help Help!!

Rakesh Arora rake_arora at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 12:51:40 EST 2001

Hi,
      I am trying to get my Orinoco Silver card talk
to my AP (RG-1000) but I am unable to do so. My kernel
is 2.4.16 and the pcmcia-cs version no is 3.1.29. The
orinoco card is detected but somehow I can't set the
ESSID using either iwconfig or wireless.opts. I had
the same problem when I was using 2.4.12 and the
inbuilt pcmcia support. I thought that having the
newer version of pcmcia-cs would help but it doesn't.
Is there any way that I can set the ESSID/BSSID? Can
anyone please tell me how they set the essid? The
output of iwconfig is as follows:

eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""
  Nickname:"localhost.localdomain"
  Frequency:2.457GHz  Sensitivity:1/3  Mode:Managed
  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
  Bit Rate:2Mb/s   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
  Encryption key:off
  Power Management:off
  Link quality:0/92  Signal level:134/153  Noise
  level:134/153
  Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0  invalid misc:0

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help that you can give will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
rakesh