UHF space

Gary Nicholls sookees at islandnet.com
Mon Dec 24 06:13:03 EST 2001

I can see where the 27 Mhz band would be limiting, although I think as part
of a community communications system it might be useful for text messaging,
but what about UHF between 470 and 800 mhz? My UHF detector (portable B/W
t/v) has maybe 2 channels with a carrier, and the occasional tow truck or
taxi conversation. Isnt there 6Mhz per channel here, with guardband, and
dozens of channels? Of course there are legal problems (Im in Canada) but if
these channels are not being used, I think the public should have access to
them for community purposes.
Gary.