Please help!!continuation to prev email (newbie)

Rakesh Arora rake_arora at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 15:26:01 EST 2001

Hi,
       Now I think that I got most of it working
(thanks to Roger). I do not have any module versioning
errors and the hermes.o, orinoco.o and orinoco_cs.o
get installed in the proper directory. Also I now hear
two beeps instead of one. However, iwconfig eth1 gives
me segmentation fault. The output is as follows:
eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""
Nickname:"localhost.localdomain"
  Frequency:2.457GHz  Sensitivity:1/3  Mode:Managed
  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
  Bit Rate:2Mb/s   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
  Encryption key:off
  Power Management:off
  Link quality:0/92  Signal level:134/153  Noise
level:134/153
  Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0  invalid misc:0

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
I have made changes to /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to
include the network name. It is:
module "orinoco_cs" opts "network name=1e8146"

I tried 'iwconfig eth1 ap 00:02:2D:1E:81:46:' but it
gave me an error. Do I need to make any changes to
network.opts and wireless.opts? Please help.

Thanks,
rakesh