Forced Handoff

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Thu Dec 20 11:00:49 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 03:34:47PM -0800, falbinali at yahoo.com wrote:
> The APs has the same ESSID... There is an ap option
> for the iwconfig command, will that do the job. It
> tries binding to the specified AP yet  it says that if
> the quality of the link goes down, it will revert to
> auto mode. What does that mean?!!

Quick question, why do you want to associate with a particular AP? If
they're not connected to the same network, why do they have the same ESSID?
If they are connected to the same network, then it doesn't matter which one
you connect to?

HTH,

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/