More driver problems

Tim z2275116 at student.unsw.edu.au
Mon Dec 17 13:14:26 EST 2001

Could you send it my way? Unstable is better than nothing, and I might
be able to make some improvements too. Send whatever to my email
address, it can take around 10mb at a time. Thanks! :)

Krzysztof Koziarek wrote:

 > Tim wrote:
 >
 >> I have tried this file (downloaded from teletronics.com site), and
 >> could not get it to compile with 2.2.18 at all. I used the wl24
 >> drivers & makefile with pcmcia 3.1.30 in order to get it to compile
 >> (successfully) but now I cant modprobe :/
 >>
 >> If anyone has any floppy distributions or anything of the like (ie
 >> kernel/driver combos preferably with some os that WORKS) I'd love a
 >> copy. Ive spent far too long (upwards of 4 solid days) trying to get
 >> this to work in any form.
 >>
 >> I dont have a pci bridge as Im trying to get it going on a 486 laptop.
 >

 > I have a working system with wl24 - I've made few routers running
 > Slackware with kernel 2.2.19 and pcmcia_cs 3.1.25.
 >
 > One of them is working now:
 >
 > # lsmod
 > Module                  Size  Used by
 > ip_masq_quake           1584   0  (unused)
 > ip_masq_raudio          3200   0  (unused)
 > ip_masq_irc             2208   0  (unused)
 > ip_masq_ftp             3824   0
 > wl24_cs                19776   5
 > ds                      6416   2  [wl24_cs]
 > i82365                 22512   2
 > pcmcia_core            50816   0  [wl24_cs ds i82365]
 > 3c509                   6032   1
 > ppp_deflate            40032   0  (unused)
 > ppp                    21328   0  [ppp_deflate]
 > slip                    7808   0  (unused)
 > slhc                    4512   0  [ppp slip]
 > lp                      5904   0  (unused)
 > parport_pc              7536   1
 > parport                 7392   1  [lp parport_pc]
 >
 > But it's not stable. I'm using patched drivers for 2.0.x kernel. It's
 > extremely unstable - but it works. In my spare time I'll try to install
 > that Teletronics (WebWorld) drivers an let you know if it's successfull.
 >
 > root at ruter:~# uptime
 > 12:34am  up 1 day, 21:34,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.06
 >
 > As you can see - uptime is not so good as i want it to be ;)
 >

 > regards,

Tim

| public Code programmer(Assignment spec) throws TantrumException {} |
|    If KFC was open-source, I could get my hands on the Colonel.    |
|                 We all live in a yellow subroutine.                |