wvlan_cs/orinoco_cs & linksys wap11 AP

kiss the sun and walk on air peter.royal at pobox.com
Sat Dec 15 08:28:20 EST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 11:16:05AM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> kiss the sun and walk on air wrote :
> > This morning I powered up, logged in as root and did a
> > cardctl scheme work
> > to change the ESSID, and the AP was again 44:44:44:44:44:44
> >
> > I then did=20
> > iwpriv eth0 card_reset
> >
> > and no change. I also tried
> > iwpriv eth0 force_reset
> >
> > and same.
> >
> > I cycled the power on the AP and iwconfig eth0 showed the AP. ifup
> > eth0 and I was good to go.
>
> 	Your AP is junk. You should not be able to crash your AP
> remotely. Check if you can upgrade the firmware on the AP.

I can, its a Linksys WAP11 running the latest firmware. I'll start a
dialogue with them. Is there any type of raw debugging output I can
give them or do you think my description of the problems should be
sufficient?

I guess this is why it was only $134 USD :)
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://pobox.com/~osi
jabber/ osi at fotap.org - icq/ 153025 - aim/ osifx - yahoo/ osi_fx