wvlan_cs/orinoco_cs & linksys wap11 AP

kiss the sun and walk on air peter.royal at pobox.com
Sat Dec 15 06:33:02 EST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 02:33:58PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> > I have an Intersil PRISM2 card built into my laptop (toshiba tecra
> > 8200), and it works fine with either the wvlan_cs or the orinoco_cs
> > drivers. I am currently using pcmcia-cs v3.1.29, which has orinoco_cs
> > v0.06a / orinoco 0.08a. I also observed the same problems using the kernel =
> > 2.4.16
> > PCMCIA support which has orinoco_cs v0.08a.
>
> 	Have you tried the various trick I advised you in the Pcmcia
> forums ?
> 		http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=1438088
>
> 	Please report on those tricks, otherwise we are not going to
> make any progress...

This morning I powered up, logged in as root and did a
cardctl scheme work
to change the ESSID, and the AP was again 44:44:44:44:44:44

I then did
iwpriv eth0 card_reset

and no change. I also tried
iwpriv eth0 force_reset

and same.

I cycled the power on the AP and iwconfig eth0 showed the AP. ifup
eth0 and I was good to go.
-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://pobox.com/~osi