Can someone compile this driver for me?

C0V3R c0v3r at earthling.net
Fri Dec 14 17:32:23 EST 2001

Hey, I've been going crazy trying to get my wireless lan card working
under linux, and have spent about 3 days trying to fscking compile the
drivers & pcmcia contrib package, but it keeps failing and I dont know
why or what to do. If anyone could PLEASE compile the driver;

http://www.teletronics.com/tii/support/drivers/pcmcia-wl24-r2-3.1.14.tgz

with for kernel 2.2.18 (config file here
http://nocat.net/download/kernel/) for me I would be GREATLY appreciative.

FYI - I was trying to compile on a 2.4 kernel system but using the
2.2.18 source tree in /usr/src/linux.
I dont know where to put the pcmcia package OR the driver files
themselves. This was my first try (albeit a 3 day long try) at compiling
drivers.

Errors (compiling pcmcia):
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:9: Warning: Ignoring changed section attributes for
.modinfo
make[1[: *** [cs.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

The kernel compiles and runs fine, but I don't know how to include the
pcmcia stuff in the compilation and I cant get it to compile after
runing make config, make all (as instructed).

The card I'm using is a netcomm smart wireless lan card, its the same as
the one in the url I posted (same drivers). I believe its based on the
Prism 1 chipset. BTW thats a 802.11 (not b) 2mbps DSSS card.
I dont know if I had it in the wrong dir or exactly what the process is
to compile it. Heres what I did.
	-Config'd and compiled 2.2.18
	-Decompresed the drivers in /usr/src
	-Decompressed the pcmcia package which was inside the driver
	pack-make config'd the pcmcia pack
	-make all'd the pcmcia pack (make failed)

The netcomm site is near useless. The tectronic site has the same
drivers as the ones that are on the netcomm cd, and the same manual.
Im 99.9% sure they are correct, but that isnt my problem *yet* since I
cant even compile :P

Again if anyone could compile the driver for me I'd be greatly
appreciated, or if not could you please give me VERY detailed
instructions as to what to put where (esp the pcmcia package) and in
what order to run commands to get it to compile. TIA!

Tim

| public Code programmer(Assignment spec) throws TantrumException {} |
|    If KFC was open-source, I could get my hands on the Colonel.    |
|                 We all live in a yellow subroutine.                |