wvlan_cs/orinoco_cs & linksys wap11 AP

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Fri Dec 14 09:54:47 EST 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 04:57:21PM -0500, kiss the sun and walk on air wrote:
> Yes, that is what I do to change the ESSID, which works. I am unable
> to set the frequency/channel with that, however. I get:
>
> leela:/home/osi# iwconfig eth0 channel 8
> SIOCSIWFREQ: Operation not supported

Managed mode does not allow you to edit the frequency. The frequency is
assigned (decided?) by the AP automatically.

> My procedure is currently, move to alternate location, power up, cycle
> AP power, change scheme with cardctl. and it works. The cycle AP power
> step is the one that needs to go :)

Does cycling the pcmcia card work? As in pulling it out and putting it in
again, resetting all the drivers? Do you actually shutdown or is it a laptop
in sleep mode?

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/