Strange Lucent stuff

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Dec 11 23:41:50 EST 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:45:18AM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote :
> > Anyway, we set the windows machine to peer-to-peer mode, which sounds like
> > it should be ad-hoc, but it's not. I'm not sure how it worked but we could
> > ping eachother, even though we were both in *managed* mode
>
> 	You haven't read the Howto or the driver release notes on my
> web page. You are mixing Ad-Hoc demo and IBSS Ad-Hoc modes.

True, though reading that just tells me that it's not supposed to work at
all. I'm running firmware 6.04, which doesn't have the IBSS Ad-Hoc mode. The
other end is running 7.x so maybe there is some interoperability possible.

I'm thinking of upgrading the firmware but see no indication of whether
that's possible in linux.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/