Channel usage

Reynolds, Alfred Alfred.Reynolds at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Dec 6 14:25:52 EST 2001

After talking to more knowledgeable people around me and reading this email
I think the answer is maybe ;)

The DSSS gives you a system gain for a transmitter on the same freq (of
about 10 dB I believe). So, if your AP's are distant from each other (put
the two overlapping AP's as far apart as possible) then hopefully the gain
will allow you to operate at higher speeds. Use of directional antenna is
also useful :) Or reducing the power output of a AP (if possible).

I believe there may also be an issue with the chipping codes not being
orthogonal to each other causing problems with the system gain, I don't know