Linux Wireless Extension Problem

teddy teddy at angin.com
Wed Aug 29 11:58:11 EST 2001

Hello All,
I have been installing Lucent Orinoco Cards on many linux boxes with some drivers, And It's all worked. But I can't get any statistically values or informations about Link Quality, Signal Level and Noise Level in Wireless Extension.

south-zeus:~[1]# cat /proc/net/wireless
Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets
 face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   misc
   eth2: 0000    0.  154.  154.       0      0 126593757

south-zeus:~[2]# iwconfig eth2
eth2      ORiNOCO  Channel:3
          Link Quality:0/92  Signal level:-102 dBm  Noise level:-102 dBm
	  Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0  invalid misc:126598303

The Card works perfectly, but there is no wireless statisticis. I need informations from /proc/net/wireless to install some Wireless Monitoring Tools.

 Thank's
--Tedd--