Orinoco Ad-Hoc under Linux (2.4.6)\

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri Aug 24 12:43:35 EST 2001

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:54:52AM +0200, Herwig Schelauske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to set up a Ad-Hoc wireless connection (Peer-To-Peer) with 2
> Lucent Orinoco Silver PCMCIA-Cards (Variant 1, Version 4.00, Firmware
> 4.00/7.52) under Linux between an StrongARM based board (Assabet) and my
> notebook, using original Kernel 2.4.6 Hermes/Orinoco drivers.
>
> If I ping from Assabet to the notebook, I receive only LLC (Logic-Link
> Control) packets at my notebook. Cause I have no tcpdump/Ethereal at the
> Assabet, I only know what I'am receiving at the Notebook.
>
> Pinging from notebook to Assabet, I sending out ICMP-packets (see
> Ethereal log down, source and destination seems to be OK). ifconfig
> shows increasing RX packets at Assabet, but isn't answering (TX doesn't
> increase). Why that?

Ok, as I said before this looks like an ARM alignment issue.  I've
made some tweaks to where I put the ((packed)) attributes, so could
you test the new version of the driver from:
    http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/testing

--
David Gibson			| Microsoft: Making the easy things hard
david at gibson.dropbear.id.au	| and the hard things buggy