Lucent Silver 11mb, RG1000

Michael Perry mperry at lnxpowered.org
Thu Aug 23 08:26:23 EST 2001

Quoting Michael Perry on Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:43:43PM -0700:
> Quoting David Gibson on Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:21:36PM +1000:
> >
> > Can you send the full output from "cardctl ident" and also check your
> > logs (probably /var/log/messages) for any error messages from cardmgr.
> >
> > --
> > David Gibson			| Microsoft: Making the easy things hard
> > david at gibson.dropbear.id.au	| and the hard things buggy
> > http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson
> >

> Hi David-
>
> Here is the result of both commands on the laptop:
>
> speedy: cardctl ident ---
>
> Socket 0:
>   product info: "Lucent Technologies", "WaveLAN/IEEE", "Version 01.01", ""
>   manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
>   function: 6 (network)
> Socket 1:
>   no product info available

Just as a followup to this.  I got this problem solved thanks to Jean.
He had me walk through my /etc/pcmcia/config file and sure enough, I had
a rogue entry for the wavelan2_cs which I had not caught when I went
through the file previously.

The card now claims IRQ 7.

-
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry at lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org