[BAWUG] RG 1000 / IPSec

Adam Burns vortex at free2air.net
Fri Aug 17 02:54:52 EST 2001

The major problem with IPsec & NAT'ing is IKE. IPsec ESP can be NAT'ed (but
don't you be trying AH coz it ain't gonna work!) because the data integrity
is performed on the encapsulated packet, not the header.

With many-to-one port translation style NAT'ing, port 500 to port 500
communications get mangled. 'Fudged' Internal UDP state tables can fix this.

hope this helps,

.vortex