Melco/Buffalo PCI->PCMCIA

Jon Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Aug 11 03:07:49 EST 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Pål Fladsrud wrote:
> I am new to this list, and my linux is a bit rusty (I think 0.96 was the
> last kernel I used...).  I am trying to set up a WLI-PCI-OP-3 PCI bridge
> adapter from Buffalo and use Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11 PCMCIA card inside.

I've got that PCI card in a 2.2.x Linux box and never got it to work.  A
Lucent ISA PCMCIA bridge worked fine (with both the Buffalo and Lucent
PCMCIA 802.11b cards).  I've not tried it again with 2.4.x but I _think_
it _might_ depend on the PCMCIA package more than the kernel.

> PCI: Enabling device 00:0b.0 (0000 -> 0002)
> PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:0b.0. Please try using
> pci=biosirq.

That could be one problem - you might need to assign an IRQ for the PCI
card.

Tatty bye,

Jim'll