DWL-650 and apple airport - WEP compatible?

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 3 07:46:07 EST 2001

G'day team,

I'm having hassles with using my DWL-650 (using orinoco_cs 0.06 from
2.4.6-ac2) and an apple airport (with the java Airport Configurator).

It is great with an open link. I just have problems when I try to turn on WEP.
Both the airport and the card seem to accept the keys, and the link works with
just the airport with keys (with ExcludeUnecrypted turned off, of course).
However as soon as I put keys on the card, I can no longer communicate - it
just times out (pings don't return, etc). This happens with open or restricted
on the card.

I have to put some more work into this, but can anyone confirm whether this is
doable, and if I need new firmware in the card, a pointer (to TFM, if
appropriate) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brad