Using smbclient to access domain-based DFS shares where the domain name is long

Steve Lee steve.lee at zynstra.com
Tue Apr 11 12:58:19 UTC 2017

Hi

I make a call from an Ubuntu client running smbclient Version 4.3.11-Ubuntu to a domain-based DFS file share path...

root at zfilemgr2-00:/home/smbclient //ztrial2e.local/Shares/sm-0000-002e -U ztrial2e.local/sm-0000-002e

Enter ztrial2e.local/sm-0000-002e's password:
Domain=[ZTRIAL2E] OS=[Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 9600] Server=[Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3]
smb: \> exit

It works fine for domain ztriale.local

However if the domain name is longer... supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.local, it fails...

I haven't tried it with higher debug level yet but has anyone else seen this?

Zynstra is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 07864369). Our registered office and Headquarters are at The Innovation Centre, Broad Quay, Bath, BA1 1UD. This email, its contents and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this message in error please delete it from your system and advise the sender immediately.