linux smb server and mount on linux smb client

Camelia Botez camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Mar 1 09:27:22 UTC 2016

Our users home directories are located on a central storage that exports them nfs to a linux server.
This server is also configured as samba server using ldap autentication.
I want to mount via samba server the home directories to another linux machine acting as samba client.
Both linux machines are running CentOS6.7.
I want the mount to be accessible to all users from the linux client.
So how do I do this without uid and gid?
I tried to write in client fstab:

//samba_server/shared_home    /mountpoint    cifs  uid=xxx,gid=xxx,noexec 0 0
 When I try to mount the shared volume after I give th euid password I get:
mount error(13): Permission denied
On the linux samba server in smb.conf I have:

strict locking = no
unix extensions = yes
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes