netlogon creds fail

Randolph Osterroht randolph.osterroht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:06:10 MDT 2012

I have recently migrated from an old samba server using smbpasswd file to a
new samba server using passdb.tdb however I am seeing lots of this:

_netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
auth request from client MACHINENAME machine account MACHINENAME

I'm not sure if I was seeing these issues on the old server but I can tell
you that I was not getting the "trust authentication" windows seven issue
on the machines on the old samba domain.

anyone able to point me in the right direction will be appreciated. thanks.