Samba with Active directory integration problem

velusamy Krishnan velu.technical at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 04:32:52 MDT 2012

Hi,
   I have followed the all the steps given, in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto.  to
integrate the samba with active directory.

I have the following configuration file,
[global]
    workgroup = ASSURANCE
    security = ads
    realm = ASSURANCE.LOCAL
    encrypt passwords = yes
    winbind separator =  +
    idmap backend = lwopen
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    winbind enum users = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    template homedir = /dev/null
    template shell = /bin/true

[adshare]
    path = */home/velusamy/Pictures/*
    writable = yes
    valid users = ASSURANCE+velu
    browseable = yes

Now, executed the smb-clinet.
    smbclient //192.168.5.136/adshare -U velu
It asked password, given, it connected to the share.

But, I was unable to access the share form different machine which is
connected in the same network.
It said the following error.
    smbclient //192.168.5.136/adshare -U velu
    Enter velu's password:
    session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Kindly anyone please help me out form this problem.. I could not solve this
issue for las two days. Please help me out.

Thanks,
Velusamy.