smbpasswd -w PASS

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Apr 10 11:58:35 GMT 2009

Hi,
For automation in perl scripts that add users, trying to add in smbpasswd,
I'm sure, years ago, there was a way of issueing this without drama, now
it seems it wont just take the password, is there a hidden option? or can we
get "-w" changed so that it inserts the paswsword into the pass file?

`smbpasswd -a foo -w bar`;  would be nice and painless for automation
without writting yet another messy expect script :)

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers