Shared printer Windows 2003 Server and samba client password request

Pierpaolo Marcon pierpaolo.marcon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:01:28 GMT 2008

Hi,
I'm the system administrator of an informatic lab in a university and I've
decided to use Samba to print from the client computers running a Fedora
Linux OS. The printer is attached to a Windows 2003 Server.

Everything is working, but I would like that when a user needs to print a
page, Samba asked him username and password (of the windows domain, of
course). But, as far as I know, I can only set username and password to
access the shared printer at the moment of installing the printer on the
computer.

Summing up, I would like Samba to ask username and password to access the
shared printer every time a user wants to print a document.

Thank you very much in advance!

Pierpaolo Marcon

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause
and reflect.