Logon Script fails

Goetz Schultz nospam at noreply.suelze.de
Wed May 23 09:51:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

I have the problem that since the upgrade to 3.0.25, no logon-scripts
are executed.
The section of smb-conf:

[global]
        workgroup = TIGGERS-HQ
        interfaces = 10.xx.xx.xx/255.255.255.0
        password server = 10.xx.xx.xx
        smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
        client lanman auth = No
        client plaintext auth = No
        log file = /usr/local/samba/log/log.%m
        time server = Yes
        keepalive = 30
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        logon script = %u.cmd
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 34
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        admin users = root
        hosts allow = 10.xx.xx.0/24, 10.xx.xx.0/24

[netlogon]
        path = /home/logon/%u
        guest ok = Yes
        browseable = No

The only change that has been introduced was to change/add
authentication method to get Vista-Boxes accessing files.

I can map \\SERVER\netlogon and run the cmd-file manually. But it is not
 doing it during logon.

No details in the log-files that indicate any errors when smaba is
started with -d10 option. The functionallity as PDC is still working.

Any hints?

- --
Cheers

  Goetz