differences between samba 2 and 3 smb-client?

Neil Loffhagen neilloffhagen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 09:30:49 GMT 2007

Hi Conrad,

Apprecaite the reply.  I've tried both  -t smbfs and the cifs and only the
-t smbfs works with the old windows 2000 servers.  But they both still fail
with the windows 2003 servers, so now I've got to persuade the windows guys
to relax the security on their boxes which I don't think they will be happy
about.  Do you know by chance which security policy is needed to be relaxed,
as if I just go and ask a general question about relaxing security not sure
if I'll get much favours from them :)

Thanks again for pointing on the right track.

Neil.