Samba-Client blocked by firewall

Hannes Lück spam at wladimir-blumenkohl.com
Fri Apr 6 17:53:02 GMT 2007

Hello,

I've installed openSUSE 10.2 on my computer. In the same network group of my
computer are two more computers on witch WinXP is installed. The problem is
that I can't access the shares on the WinXP computers from my linux computer.

When I temporary switch of the suse firewall I have access on the WinXp
shares. So it's sure that the firewall on my linux computer blocks the
samba-client. Unfortunately I don't know how to configure the firewall so
that the samba-client would be allowed to connect to other computers. In the
firewall modul of yast I may only allow to open connections to the
samba-server. I already searched for some help in some German linux forums
but until now noone could help me to solve the problem.

I'd be very glad to get some help.

THX

Hannes