recursive smbcacls

Ángel Galindo Muñoz agalindo at ub.edu
Thu Mar 30 09:35:14 GMT 2006

	I know it could be done mounting the share with "cifs filesystem" and
acting from the client via local calls to "setfacl" against the mounted
remote files (using "find /folder -exec setfacl") but it just works if
your server has unix extensions enabled. I cannot enable unix extensions
because, some 2.6 linux kernel versions become confused with local
uid/gid assignation when mounting CIFS shares.

( http://lists.samba.org/archive/smb-clients/2005-May/000572.html )

	So, I think my only chance is to use smbcacls.
	Can anybody help me?
	Thanks in advance!

--
Angel Galindo Muñoz