KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type

vincent gourrierec vgourrierec at dcsautomotive.fr
Thu Jul 6 15:42:17 GMT 2006

Hi,

I was searching the solution for this problem but no real answer on the net.

I don't know if you still have the problem but the solution but it's a $PATH problem wich initialize /usr/kerberos/bin.

So you have to move /etc/profile.d/krb5.sh or krb5.csh to what you want and reconnect.

You Wrote:

  HI,

    ok this is what the error is when i try to use FTP
  to my linux box. before i configured kerberos this
  error didnt come up.

    i havent touched the pam.d( i have no plans of doing
  so.)

  i havent even touched the nsswitch.conf.

  i just edited the krb5.conf file. and well the
  smb.conf

  one thing more. i thought i was using kerberos Version
  5 rather V 4

  but down the error uses V4. Now does it mean VERSION 4
  OR V( The roman 5) and what is the 4 for then?

  [root at niit125 root]# ftp localhost
  Connected to localhost.localdomain.
  220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
  530 Please login with USER and PASS.
  530 Please login with USER and PASS.
  KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
  Name (localhost:root):