Strange Sort Order in Windows Clients

Mueller, Matthias matthias.mueller at balke-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 9 15:10:12 GMT 2006

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my windows clients connecting to my
samba-server running on fedora-Linux. Samba-Version is 3.0.14a-2 but
several versions prior gave the same behavior. The alphabetical sorting
of the directory-listing does not work. When I change the sort-order
from upwards to downwards and back even the order of the directory even
changes although no file was added, deleted or renamed. After six months
of searching through internet and mailing-lists I still did not get any
idea on how to fix this.

thanks for any help in advance

Matthias Mueller