Can't delete some ACEs with smbcacls

Ángel Galindo Muñoz agalindo at ub.edu
Fri Dec 29 12:59:34 GMT 2006

	Hi!

	I sent a mail before with this topic but maybe this is not the right
list, maybe "samba-technical at samba.org"? Please, let me know if this is
not the right place.

	I just want to use smbcacls to delete an ACE which has a blank
permision (a denied permision over POSIX ACLs). How can I use "smbcacls"
to delete an ACE like this?

ACL:MYSERVER\target_user:ALLOWED/0/

	Let's show first the complete ACL:

shell~> smbcacls -A credentials //myserver/myshare /onefolder
REVISION:1
OWNER:MYSERVER\owneruser
GROUP:MYSERVER\ownergroup
ACL:MYSERVER\owneruser:ALLOWED/0/FULL
ACL:MYSERVER\target_user:ALLOWED/0/
ACL:MYSERVER\ownergroup:ALLOWED/0/FULL
ACL:\Everyone:ALLOWED/0/

	I'm trying to delete it and smbcacls fails parsing my ACE:

shell~> smbcacls -D "ACL:MYSERVER\target_user:ALLOWED/0/" -A credentials
//myserver/myshare /onefolder
Failed to parse ACL ACL:MYSERVER\target_user

	There's a workaround but due to umasks it's not always usable: just add
"READ" permision and immediately delete it. It's not always usable, for
exemple, if it's a Samba share and you use

    security mask = 770
    directory security mask = 770

	then will never be able to add any permisions to "Everyone".

	Can anybody help me, please?

--
Angel Galindo Muñoz
agalindo _at_ ub.edu