password change on WinXP

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Sat Aug 26 20:24:16 GMT 2006

Petteri Larjos wrote:

 >If I remember correctly the laptop users
 >need two accounts (local and remote) even though samba is PDC or one
 >could not logon when not connected to LAN. How this is handled?

If the laptop is added to the domain, then the laptop will cache the domain
logon credentials for users.  This allows the user to logon to the laptop, even
when not connected to LAN.  So you do not need a local account, just a domain
account, even if you will sometimes be disconnected from the LAN.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/abouttn/flash/tips/tips_072005_2.mspx

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz