Not able to access the mount

DSouza, Santosh sdsouza at ea.com
Sat Aug 26 00:49:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have Win2k3 shares mounted on a RHEL3. but when I do a ls -al to list
the files it returs result as 0 if I try to repeat the command after
several retries it will list the files but not all of them.

I actually wan to rsync the files onto my local files system but this is
not happening as the files are seen at random intervals and not all of
them.

When I check /var/log/messages I see

 kernel: smb_trans2_request: result=-104, setting invalid

 kernel: smb_retry: successful, new pid=12427, generation=6

 kernel: smb_proc_readdir_long: name=, result=-2, rcls=1, err=123

last message repeated 6 times

Please advice

Thanks