Looking for client API doc

Praveen Tammana praveen.public at gmail.com
Tue May 17 20:59:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

I need to create a CIFS client application that would run on a Linux
box using a small subset of functionality (read only files/directories
from NT/2000 servers and verify credentials).  I downloaded samba
3.0.14a and I am playing with the examples but I can't find any good
documentation of the API to use.  All doc that came with it talks
about server side installation and administration. Is there any good
doc of client API (smbc_init/open/opendir/getdents etc.)?

Also, are they any other clients that might be a better choice give my
requirements?  Load is also a concern for me as I might be making a
lot of requests.

Thanks
-Praveen