Windows XP client cannot access samba shares

FT Group ftimes at ftimes.free-online.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 08:02:21 GMT 2005

Hello

You posted this problem

"I have a problem.  I have a netra T1 (Solaris 8 64bit) running samba
2.2.8a.  this server is not a PDC, it is just a client on the domain
sharing out a directory.  all the win98,win2k clients can access the
shared
directory fine.  however the XP clients get a permission denied when
accessing the share.  it can see the system, however, when you try to
click
on the shared directory (home) you get a network resource is
unavailable,
permission denied, please contact your systems administrator.  I get
these
on all the XP professional clients.  any help would be greatly
appreciated.
below is a copy of my smb.conf file:

"

I have the same problem.

Would you be able to help me with a solution please?

Thanks

Rami

best regards