unable to view windows machine mount directory from linux machine

Ganapathi ganapathi at isofttech.com
Wed Nov 24 07:52:52 GMT 2004

Hi all,
    I have mounted the windows machine from linux machine( linux kernel
version 2.6.8).
    I am using smbmount application that is there in the samba-2.0.7.
    I am unable to list/access the file names from the mounted directory. It
shows first charactor of each file name(ls <mount directory).

    Anybody faced such kind problem. Can you please tell me what is solution
for this.
    Is it know bug?.
    Is smbmount application available in the samba-2.0.7 work in linux-2.6
to mount windows machine?
    Is it codepages problem?

    Your answer will be very much usefull to me.

    Thanks and Regards
    Ganapathi C