gn00bee

jabberwocky jabberwocky at luxsci.net
Sat Nov 20 20:41:35 GMT 2004

Okay, I'm stumped - not an unusual event, it seems.

I have SUSE 9.2 professional installed, and can successfully use:
 smbclient - L ###.###.###.### -I
to receive a list of shares available on a W2K server.

But, no smb session seems to be established - I get this message:
session request to <W2K IP address> failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)

Seems to me, humble narrator of infinitesimal experience, that something
is amiss with the smbclient - I'm not getting a session.

Ideas most enthusiastically accepted.

Jabberwocky