Questions about smb_mount

Olle Hansson Olle.Hansson at meb.ki.se
Tue Mar 16 15:31:56 GMT 2004

Hello smb-clients list.

We have a Windows 2003 Server with a share called users where Windows
users store there files (H:) :)
We have a several FreeBSD and MacOS X based Computers here.
It have wold be very nice to have same home directory for both windows
and Unix. so /home/tomten  wold be tomtens home directory (:H) in
windows.

When Im running smb_mount command, it asks me for a password for a
specific user I have specified in the smb_mount command.
And when Im mounting the windows share as this user, I can see all
users home directories with wrong permissions becaus I gave the user
name and password when Im mounted the smb share.

So my question is.
Is there a way to set up this? So every user account have right
permissions to the home directory?
Have anyone done this? And is it a HOWTO somewhere out there?

I know there is a SFU 3.5 for windows out there, but it wold be very
nice to use Samba and maybe kerberos that is already there.

/Regards
Olle Hansson

Olle Hansson. System Administrator
Dept. of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels Väg 12A
17177 Stockholm

Phone: +46852483980