TRANS2_SET_PATH_INFORMATION

Steve Simon steve.simon at snellwilcox.com
Tue Jun 15 15:25:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have implemented an SMB/CIFS client on plan9 (plan9.bell-labs.com).

I have done a native implementation which is sufficently different
(IE no stdio) to mean I didn't use libcifs, now I have a problem :-)

Nearly everything works, but not quite.

I cannot get TRANS2_SET_PATH_INFORMATION to work doing any of
	SMB_INFO_STANDARD,
	SMB_SET_FILE_END_OF_FILE_INFO,
	SMB_SET_FILE_BASIC_INFO

I get "no such info level" error, which implies the server
(any of NT4, XP, W2k) doesn't realise I want to use the extended
NT functionality.

I have set the flags and flags2 to be as "intelligent" as I can
and also negioated everything I can (except EXTENDED_SECURITY - could
this be the problem?).

I am honest about my lanmanager version and host OS, (I don't
claim to be NT4 or the like), maybe this is making the server
hate me?

I tried adding extra padding bytes on the end of the packets as done
in the linux kernel SMB client but this didn't help.

I can happily supply packet dumps if they will help anyone.

Any ideas where to look?

-Steve