smclient and cron jobs

Srikrishna Shrinivas krishna87 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:06:25 GMT 2004

Hey Guys,

I am trying to run a couple backup scripts on my linux box - to connect to
windows machines, get some of the folders and archive them on tape. Now, the
scripts work fine when I execute them from the debian command line. However,
the cron jobs execute and nothing seems to happen. Samba seems to retrieve
only what it likes. Sometimes, its a blank. Sometimes, a few files are
retrieved.

Now, I am not sure how to enable logging on smbclient to see if this is
actually the problem. It would be of immense help if any of you can throw
some light on this. Thanks guys.

Krishna