Samba as client

Thorsten Brabetz T.Brabetz at ee.qub.ac.uk
Fri May 9 10:17:40 GMT 2003

Hi Alvaro,

   I had the same problem here. The only way out I found
was to configure every single resource manually. My network
accounts I am mounting with smbmount during boot up, and
the printer is mounted with smbprint. The latter was a bit
tricky to use with lpd (well, actually I never got it to
work...), and I eventually ended up using cups, which was
very easy to configure via its web interface.

Hope that helped.

Best regards

Thorsten