Samba Licensing

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Thu Mar 20 23:28:26 GMT 2003

Speak to richard sharpe. He has extracted and reduced the libsmbclient code
for a variety of purposes and probably has the most copyright on the code.
Unfortunately I believe it draws from other parts of the samba codebase so he's
definitely not the only copyright holder.

jCIFS is LGPL which doesn't have the 'viral' aspect. Of course it's Java though.