daily jobs with smbclient

Christian Mohr christian.mohr at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Jun 14 22:17:03 GMT 2003

Hello,

> > I look for a way to do daily file transfers within a windows
> > network from a linux maschine.
> > I wonder if it is possible to let scripts control smbclient
> > or if there is a tool like wget for smb?
>
> I don't know if this is what are are after but I do something
> like this. I have my windows directories mounted with smbmount
> then I use cron to schedule a small script that used tar to
> copy files to/from the Windows side.

Thanks but I tried it. The disadvantage is that if the connection
goes down due to network problems or somebody restarts the
windows computers I get sleeping processes which are not
killable.

State of process in ps (manpage):
D uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)

This is the reason why I do not want to mount the shares and look
for another way.

Regards.
Christian