Smbclient, Win2000 and loging via smbprint

Akavia araka at netvision.net.il
Sat Feb 22 12:07:13 GMT 2003

Hello.
If this is a known problem, please refer me to the documentation.

I was using smbprint, which uses smbclient, to print to a printer
connected to Windows98SE.
When I upgraded this computer to Win2K, it stopped working.
The server is my Debian GNU/Linux, samba 2.2.3a-6.

The user is defined on both Linux and Win2K, also has permissions.

Attempting to log in with smbclient password (or smbclient passwd -U
username) fails with

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Attempting to log in with smbmount (& mount -t smbfs) fail with

459: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

Both methods work when I do not give the password, and then type it in at the prompt.

I am willing to send more information, if you give me an idea of what will be helpful.

Thank you,

Uri David Akavia