prf*.tmp

Timothy Hadlock tim.hadlock at metasoft.net
Wed Feb 12 01:06:38 GMT 2003

I have setup a Mandrake 9.0 server with Samba 2.2.6 installed.

I have successfully created computer accounts and am able to login into
the
Windows 2000 clients. Upon logoff however, I am receiving the error
message
below.

Windows - Delayed write failed
Windows was unable to save all data for the file
\device\LanMan\ServerName\profiles\UserName\prf*.tmp
The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your
computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file
elsewhere.

Semaphore timeout period expired.

This happens for any user account.

I have checked to ensure each user has rwx for their home folder and
their
profile folder including all sub folders and files. I have also added
veto
oplock files = prf*.tmp to the smb.conf file.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tim