Windows XP client cannot access samba shares

Greg Brown browngr at addhost.com
Mon Apr 21 11:08:29 GMT 2003

I have a problem.  I have a netra T1 (Solaris 8 64bit) running samba
2.2.8a.  this server is not a PDC, it is just a client on the domain
sharing out a directory.  all the win98,win2k clients can access the shared
directory fine.  however the XP clients get a permission denied when
accessing the share.  it can see the system, however, when you try to click
on the shared directory (home) you get a network resource is unavailable,
permission denied, please contact your systems administrator.  I get these
on all the XP professional clients.  any help would be greatly appreciated.
below is a copy of my smb.conf file:

[global]
        workgroup = CATALYST
        null passwords = yes