Smbclient and firewall?

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) Michael_B_Allen at ml.com
Tue Sep 24 05:11:44 GMT 2002

There's nothing special about SMB connections. Simpler than FTP actually. It should
just work if you have a statefull firewall. If you don't just try copying the commands for
DNS and HTTP and adjust the port numers appropriately. 137 is WINS (copy DNS)
139 is transport (copy HTTP). Try opening 137 and do a nmblookup -A 15.14.3.10.