Unicode support in SAMBA

Tay, William William.Tay at usa.xerox.com
Tue Oct 8 14:10:25 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Unicode support in SAMBA. Would appreciate
if you can help. Basically the scenario is to invoke smbclient on a Linux
machine so that it allows putting files unto a WinNT/Win2000 machine via its
smb server. Questions are:

1. What must I do (or configure, if necessary) to successfully authenticate
username/password pairs that contain non-ASCII characters (or any Unicode
characters)?
2. What version of SAMBA supports Unicode?
3. Where can I read more about Unicode support for SAMBA?

Thanks.

Will